Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Thing 2

Well, Thing 2 is finished - time became the issue - finally had a few small blocks of time before work and a lull in the afternoon. Just too cold for patrons to come in today - they were all here yesterday - stacking up for the cold days ahead. I've decided I'm not worrying about getting this done by April. I just want to learn how to do these things - I see we have been driven by community needs and our library has changed, most likely for the better. We offer so much to patrons - way beyond the books. I struggle with being poorly equipped and understaffed. We need more computers, more space and yes even more books! The internet is a valuable tool to me at work - find I don't use it a lot at home - maybe because my husband uses it a great deal and I can't wrestle it away from him. It certainly is vital to patrons in our small community, most of our users are adults - they use it for banking, employment, shopping, email and a lot more. I'm sure knowing how to use RSS, Flickr and photosharing will be great for me and them.

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Once you start working your way through the other Things I bet you'll see how you could use some of these tools.

For instance, I'm a librarian at the College of St. Benedict/St. John's University and I use Flickr at our library like this:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/csbsjulibrary/

Just open up a picture and move your mouse over the books to see what I mean...

LeAnn Suchy
CMLE 23 Things Coach